Friday, August 12, 2011

Almost there! 14 days

In just 2 weeks I will be embarking from Montreal! It seems so surreal that this is actually happening. So whats going on? I am 99% packed (woohoo!!!!!!!) and I just have a few things left to print off (confirmations for trips) and I have been slowly saying my goodbyes. I am officially finished at 2 of my 3 jobs and only work one more night at the other. So its really close now to the end of my summer but the beginning of a journey.

This past week has been consumed with more things then I want to count. First (and perpetually) was packing; then Thursday was my twin brothers 18th birthday ( Happy Birthday Tim and Ben!); then tonight was Ben's Eagle Ceremony (highest rank possible in the boy scouts). So maybe we were a bit crazy to plan all this at the same time. And if all that isn't enough my 21st birthday is Tuesday! August is always hectic in our house due to 3 birthday's in 5 days but this year we add in an Eagle ceremony and preparing to travel around the world. I'm not sure if I have time to sleep anymore.

I also found out today that I got all the presale trips that I wanted. Presale trips are trips we want to take through SAS that happen in the first 4 ports and any overnight trip throughout all ports. So I am going to a mosque in Morocco, doing a Habitat for Humanity project in Ghana, Going to a monkey village in Ghana, going to the Univeristy of Mauritius, and taking a cruise on Ha Long Bay and visiting Hanoi in Vietnam (Mom will be joining me on this one!!!). When we get on the ship we sign up for the rest of our trips from Malaysia through Costa Rica, which for me will be a couple things in Japan and snorkeling in Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment